What is HIPAA?
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) is United States legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information.
Appointment Reminder takes the upmost respect when dealing with your clients protected heath information.
The Health and Human Services (HHS) department has stated that appointment reminders are allowed under the HIPAA Privacy Rule (see here).
When sending appointment reminders such as SMS, Email or Voice Calls you should not include detailed information about the person receiving the reminder. This includes such things as diagnosis, treatment information or other personally identifiable information.
Your reminder messagae should only include the most generic of information such as the date and time of the appointment and the name of the company.
Appointment Reminder does the following to safe guard your information.
- We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to transmit all data
- HIPAA Compliant Databases and Servers (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/TrustCenter/Compliance/HIPAA)
- Encrypted data storage using industry standard AES-256 database encryption keys.
- Unique usernames for tracking user identity
- Automatic logging off after a predetermined time of inactivity
- All user names and passwords stored in our database are encrypted.
- Disabled Accounts after multiple failed attempts
If you need any more information please contact us.