This article relates to Google Calendar. If you are using a different calendar this article might not be applicable.
Keyword Mapping lets you send different scripts for different types of services or different types of customers.
Common use cases. - Send a different script to new clients. - Send a different script depending on the location of the appointment - Send a different script for a different type of service.
To edit Keyword Mappings do the following:
- First of all you are best to go a create a new script, edit the SMS, Text and Email wording to say what you need. You can create as many new scripts as you need. To create a new script go to Settings > Scripts.
- Go to Calendar > Edit Calendars and click on “Keyword Mapping” beside the calendar you want to edit.
- Click Add Mapping
- Enter the Keyword you want Appointment Reminder to scan for in the Google Appointment. We suggest if you don’t already have a system in place then best to use square brackets for example [NEWCLIENT], [SP], [OGOFFICE]. You need to pick a word that won’t be picked up accidentally. You wouldn’t want to use something like “Smith” as this could be someone’s name and could trigger the wrong script.
- Choose the script you want to send for this type of appointment.
- Change the timing of the reminder if you want it to be different from the default timing of the calendar. (normally this just stays the same).
- Click Save.
Now anytime we detect that keyword in the appointment in google calendar we will send the different script. Please note you will need to repeat this process if you have multiple keywords you want to map and also if you have multiple calendars. This also won’t affect existing appointments you’ve already synced to Appointment Reminder. You will need to run a full sync if you want to update the existing appointments in your calendar.